Are there non-opioid alternatives that could help with pain relief?
Find out about ways to manage your pain that don’t involve prescription opioids. Some of these options may actually work as well or better (but have their own side effects so discuss with your medical professional). Options may include:
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil)
- Medications traditionally prescribed for depression or seizures
- Interventional therapies (injections)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Physical therapy and exercise